Terms & Conditions – Wedding Venue Hire
Please note: We strongly advise you to take out suitable wedding insurance, to cover your
wedding booking cost with us should you need to cancel for reasons outside of our control
e.g illness, family bereavement, extreme weather conditions, etc.
1. Your contract is with us, Amberleigh Manor Estates Limited (Registered Number
09704334) and trading as Amberleigh Gardens. VAT Registration number 220 2362 65
2. We appreciate that on occasions someone else (such as a parent) may wish to make
payments due to us on your behalf. We are happy to accept such payments, but please note
that unless we agree otherwise with you in writing you are legally responsible for any
payments due to us.
3. In these terms, “venue” means the venue at Amberleigh Gardens, High Road, Cotton End,
Bedford, MK45 3AB where your wedding reception is agreed to be held, “wedding” also
means (where applicable) an outdoor blessing we would need to see a copy of your original
wedding licence, “wedding package” means the services relating to your wedding which we
agree to provide to you; and “working day” means a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or
public holiday in England when banks in London are open for business.
Making your booking
4. We may agree to you making a provisional booking with us, but this is not legally binding
on either you or us unless and until a contract is entered into and signed by both parties,
thereby confirming any provisional booking.
5. If, after receiving our quotation for your wedding package, and completing our
provisional event booking form, to secure your dates, you want to make a booking with us,
you should within 7 days of the date of our quotation return your signed booking form and
pay a deposit of 50% of your hire charge. You should include a copy of your wedding
insurance documents. Payments can be made by direct credit or visa or Mastercard debit or
credit cards. A £500.00 security deposit will be required 14 days prior to your arrival at
Amberleigh Gardens and will be refunded within 7 days of your departure, subject to there
being no damage to the property or grounds. Please note that your deposit will not be
refunded if you subsequently cancel a confirmed booking, as explained in paragraph 24
below. A contract is only formed between you and us when we accept your signed booking
form and send our confirmation of booking email to you. No booking application shall be
binding on us and no contract shall be formed unless and until we send this confirmation. If
we do not accept your booking application, we shall of course return your deposit.
Your wedding package
6. The general content of your wedding package shall be as set out in your booking email
quotation or your booking form, or as otherwise subsequently agreed with us in writing. We
may finalise certain details of your wedding package (for example, the exact numbers of
guests to be catered for, and the menu for meals) with you in the period leading up to your
wedding, in accordance with these terms.
7. As part of your wedding package, you may have exclusive use of the marquee and
grounds within Amberleigh Gardens, High Road, Cotton End, Bedford, MK45 3AB. For your
wedding reception you will have use of the Marquee and grounds from 8am to midnight for
the maximum number agreed with you in advance. For a Dry Hire package there will be an
additional cost to use our kitchen of £350.00. Noise must be kept within 35db between 7am
and 11pm and 20db between 11pm and 7am.
8. Subject to paragraphs 10 to 12 inclusive, the price of your wedding package shall be as set
out in your quotation/booking form.
9. If not all components of the price in the quotation are stated to be fixed (for example,
because they depend on the number of guests to be catered for), the final price will be
determined either in accordance with the quotation (for example, the charge “per head” for
meals) or as otherwise agreed with us (for example, if there are any “extra” services not set
out in the quotation which we subsequently agree at our discretion to provide to you).
10. If your wedding date is scheduled more than 1 year after the date of our confirmation of
booking, we reserve the right to increase the price of your wedding package by up to 5% for
each complete period of 12 months between these two dates.
11. All prices are subject to VAT.
Payment of balance
12. We will invoice you for the total price of your wedding package (less any deposit paid)
approximately 8 weeks before the scheduled date of your wedding. You must pay our
invoice in full by the due date. Late payments will be charged an administration fee.
13. It is your responsibility to book the Registrar for your wedding. If you have not booked
the Registrar before making your booking application with us.
14. You must confirm final numbers no later than 8 weeks before your wedding so we are
able to raise a final invoice.
15. You must provide us with a copy of suitable wedding insurance documents relating to
16. All suppliers must be agreed in advance of the Event, and sight of suitable public liability
insurance is required. We reserve the right to refuse suppliers we deem unsuitable for the
venue or its environs. Fireworks and Chinese Lanterns are expressly forbidden at all times at
Amberleigh Manor, due to the nature of the location. In addition, only natural types of confetti
may be used at the venue (bubbles, rice, rose petals), paper confetti is expressly
17. You must comply with and use your reasonable endeavours to ensure that your guests
comply with all of our reasonable instructions intended to ensure the safety of property
and/or people at the venue.
18. You must provide your guests with such information we may reasonably request
regarding arrangements to be followed at the venue (for example, in relation to car parking
or the storage of valuables).
19. Any damage caused to the Venue, its equipment, content’s or fittings will be invoiced
directly to the couple immediately after the event.
20. We reserve the right to stop any activity which we reasonably believe is likely to cause
damage to the interior or exterior of the venue or to risk the safety of people at the venue,
and we will not tolerate any abusive behaviour by guests to any other guests or member of
staff. We reserve the right to remove any persons acting inappropriately from the event.
21. If you include any images of the venue on your wedding invitations, you must ensure
that you have the permission of the appropriate copyright holder.
22. Details of third party suppliers we provide to you are intended to help you in arranging
other services to be provided in connection with your wedding. If you do engage these or
any other third party suppliers, we accept no responsibility for their performance of services
and you should take up any complaints with them directly. You are also responsible for
paying their charges directly. We reserve the right not to allow into the venue any third
party suppliers who do not meet our requirements intended to ensure the safety and
welfare of property and people at the venue.
Cancellation by you
23. If you want to cancel a confirmed booking, you must do so in writing and the provisions
in paragraph 25 shall apply.
24. We will use reasonable endeavours to “re-sell” the date to another couple. However,
you must pay us any losses and costs we suffer because of the cancellation which were
reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, whether or
not we are able to resell the date. Depending on when you cancel, the cancellation charges
you must pay shall be determined by reference to the table below. We will tell you the exact
cancellation charges once we know whether or not we have been able to resell the date,
and you must pay the charges within 20 working days of our invoice. Where the final price
has yet to be finalised (for example, because you have not yet confirmed catering numbers),
we shall base the cancellation charges on any minimum numbers set out in our quotation.
Length of time before your scheduled wedding day Cancellation Charge
- More than 6 months Amount of your deposit (ie non-refundable in all cases)
- Between 3 and 6 months Up to 75% of the total wedding package price
- Less than 3 months 100% of the total wedding package price
25. COVID 19 Variation to 25. Any bookings taken during 2020 that cannot then be taken
due to a government decreed lockdown will be able to request a date change within 12
months of the booking date.
Cancellation by us
26. We reserve the right to cancel your booking without liability to you and without any
obligation to refund your deposit if:
(a) you do not pay us the balance of your wedding package price by the date due for such
(b) we have reasonable grounds to believe that you may not pay us the balance of your
wedding package price by the due date and we have requested you to explain the position
and you have not done so satisfactorily; or
(c) we discover, before you have paid the balance of your wedding package price, that you
have deliberately concealed information, or deliberately given us incorrect information,
about your intended wedding in circumstances where (if you had not done so) it would have
been reasonably foreseeable that we would not have accepted your booking; or
(d) we have reasonable grounds to believe that your behaviour or that of your guests at the
wedding is likely to result in damage to the venue or to our property and/or injury to
27. If we cancel your booking under paragraph 26, you must pay us any losses and costs we
suffer because of the cancellation which were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us
when the contract was entered into, whether or not we are able to resell the date.
Depending on when we cancel, the cancellation charges you must pay will be determined by
reference to the table set out under paragraph 25 above.
Events outside our control
28. Except as set out in this paragraph 28, we shall not be liable or responsible for any
failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract
with you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to
the venue, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, or interruption or
failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water). In these circumstances, we
shall use every effort to notify you as soon as is reasonably practical. If, as a result of such
events, we believe we have no alternative but to cancel your booking, you must have
suitable wedding insurance to cover you for these eventualities.
Limitation of our liability to you
29. Subject to paragraph 30, our total liability to you for any loss you suffer will be limited to
the total amount of money payable to us for your wedding package. We will not be liable for
any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract
was entered into or for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or breach
of statutory duty or negligence on our part.
30. Nothing in these terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit (or attempt to exclude or limit) our liability.
Changes to the venue and/or your wedding package
31. We reserve the right to make changes to the interior and/or exterior of the venue
between the time we accept your booking and the date of your wedding. .
32. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that no components of your wedding
have to be altered. However, as a wedding plan is normally put together a long time before
your scheduled date, we reserve the right to make changes to certain components if this is
necessary to comply with safety requirements or other changes in law or relevant codes of
practice, or to make other minor changes which we reasonably believe will not be to the
detriment of your overall wedding experience.
33. We will notify you of any significant changes covered by paragraphs 31 and 32, but
unless the change is one which is likely to fundamentally change the nature of your wedding
experience we will not offer a refund, costs or compensation.
34. If only one person is making the wedding booking, that person confirms that he or she
has the authority to make the booking on behalf of both persons intending to be married.
Our contract will therefore be with both such persons.
35. Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be subject to
correction provided that the correction does not materially affect the contract.
36. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under our contract with you to
another person without our prior written consent, which we will not withhold unreasonably.
We can transfer all or any of our rights and obligations under the contract to another
organisation, but this will not affect your rights under these terms.
37. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms are
invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be
severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent
permitted by law.
38. No person who is not a party to our contract with you shall have any rights under or in
connection with it.
39. All written communications by you to us must be sent by first class post to Amberleigh
Gardens, High Road, Cotton End, Bedford, MK45 3AB or to email@example.com.
We may send written communications to you at either the e mail or postal address set out
in our quotation.
40. The Venue has a fully licensed bar within the Marquee and an External bar in the
Garden. We prohibit the use of alcohol brought on site by guests anyone found using their
own alcohol will be asked to leave the venue and we have the right to charge your deposit
account for this breach.
41. Should there be a power cut you will need to vacate the property. The Venue has the
Provisions of a Generator, however this may not handle all the appliances at the Venue and
we reserve the right to consult with you at the time to prioritise which appliances are to
remain running with the aid of a Generator.
42. Please note it is the Parents of small children’s responsibility to ensure that they are
supervised at all times.
43. There is a designated smoking area in the garden. Guests must not smoke in the
Marquee and the grounds.